Terms and Conditions
- The membership application form is to be filled online for fresh membership and to increase borrowing facility if required.
- Submitted print out of the online filled membership form has to be submitted at Krishnadas Shama Goa State Central Library’s Membership Counter duly attested during working hours: From 9:15 am to 7:15 pm on Monday to FridayFrom 9:45 am to 5:30 pm on Saturday & Sunday
- A Library Membership Card may be collected from the Membership Counter after two days on producing a valid Identity proof during the working hours as noted above.
- Library card is non-transferable and the person to whom the card is issued shall be responsible and liable for the borrowed books against it or its misuse in anyway.
- Any mis-statement or hiding of facts or illegal transfer of card to any other person will render the member liable for disciplinary action as per Library Rules.
- Member found disfiguring the books and tearing pages from the Books/Magazines or who are found in possession of torn pages will penalize by cancellation of their membership of the library and by imposing a fine to cover double the cost of the book/ magazine.
- The borrower will be responsible for the safe custody and return of the books on loan from the library.
- The book will be Reissued/Renewed only once before due date through online (30 days).
- In case of emergency the librarian may recall a book at any time if the book is requisite by other readers.
- Briefcases, bags, umbrella, lunch boxes and other personal belongings must be deposited at the Property Counter.
- Eating, sleeping and talking loudly are strictly prohibited in the library.
- No library material can be taken out of the library without permission of library In-charge.
- Duplicate borrower’s ticket/Library Smart card will be issued on the payment of Rs. 200/-
- Do not replace the book in the shelf after use/ borrowed.
- Use of mobile phones in the library is strictly prohibited.
- If the book is lost, replacement of the copy will be the first option or cost of the book with fine will be levied.
- Bags are to be deposited by taking out valuable materials like money, ornaments and mobile phones, electronic gazettes if any. The library will not be held responsible for losses of any such valuable articles.
- Deposited materials shall have to be collected from the Property Counter after returning respective token at least 15 minutes before closing of the Library on the same day. Library staff shall not ordinarily be responsible for safety of the articles or token lost, if not collected on the same day.
- Library under CCTV surveillance and activities of users will be recorded.
- Books/Magazine/CD is issued for 30 days and they must be returned on or before the last date stamped on the Due date-slip/RFID kiosk generated slip of each document. Sending reminders to defaulters is not obligatory on the part of the Library.
- The borrower should check the fitness of the document before getting it issued. Any discrepancy should be brought to the notice of the person at the Circulation Counter who will put necessary remarks on the document before issuing. The borrower will be held responsible for any defect/damage found at the time of return of the document, if not recorded on it earlier, and will be liable to pay the penalty as decided by the Librarian.
- Readers are requested to record their entry as when requested.
- No personal books, water bottles are allowed in the library sections.
- The applicant should collect their Library Membership Card personally with producing photo identity card issued by competent authority.
- Suggestions on all aspects of library services are welcome.
Membership & Borrowing Facility
Book holding Duration (days)
Children (Below 10years)
1 Book & 1 Magazine/CD
1 Book & 1 Magazine/CD
2 Book & 2 Magazine/CD
3 Book & 3 Magazine/CD
Anyone who violates the rules and regulations of the library would be liable to lose the privilege of library membership.
I ___________________________, apply for enrolment as a member of the Krishnadas Shama Goa State Central Library for borrowing books. I promise to abide by the Rules and Regulation including by-laws in the force for the time being and furnish below the required particulars about myself.
Undertaking _____ I, ___________________under take the following:-
1. I shall be responsible for the books borrowed from the Library.
2. In case of loss of the books/reading material issued to me, I will replace the new book/deposit the cost assessed by the Krishnadas Shama Goa State Central Library.
3. I shall return all the books borrowed within due date failing which the fine accrued may be charged from me at the rate of Re.1/- per day.
Note: - For any queries while submitting Membership Form may please be reported to:
Email Id: email@example.com